Mondays is usually my least favorite day of the week. When I was still in school, I hated Mondays since I had to say goodbye to weekends bumming around and had to force myself to go back to school. Now that I am a mother, a wife and a career woman I still hate Mondays. Mondays for me is the day that I have to go back to life`s realities, the day to say goodbye to a very short weekend, saying goodbye to waking up late, to spending the whole day with my beloved family even if that would mean dealing with the never-ending house chores and kids who always find something to quarrel over but I love weekends and I still least like Mondays.
So I decided to do something to make me not hate Mondays that much. Starting today I will dedicate a post in my blog every monday (this is a promise so long as I am able to write and has the ability to connect to my blog) and call it `Grateful Mondays.`
As this is the start of the week I would like to start my week and my day with a grateful heart. I would like to start my monday counting my blessings received for the past week. Here are the 10 things I am being grateful for.
1. My FAMILY. They are my inspiration.
2. My Husband. For the love, the understanding, the misunderstandings that help us be better individuals and a stronger couple at the same time.
3. My kids. My 3 pretty angels for making me feel all sort of things all at the same time. For feeling so much love, feeling in awe, feeling frustrated, feeling exhausted but feeling happy as well. They are my life`s greatest treasures.
4. Good health. I am thankful that my eldest daughter is already recovering from her bout of German measles and getting her appetite back. And that so far (and hope it stays that way) there is no signs that anyone else in the family is getting the measles.
5. For our medical insurance. I am grateful that my company covers the medical insurance for my family. We were able to avail of the pediatrician`s consultation for my daughter without having to pay anything.
6. For instant noodles. Although I don`t think instant noodles is healthy but I am thankful that it is still available as it is the only food that my daughter eat during the past 3 days that she can swallow. Oh measles!
7. For Water. I am grateful that clean water is readily available where I live. It helps a lot in keeping my daughter hydrated and helped ease out the discomfort of the measles.
8. For my in-laws. For taking care of my younger daughters while the eldest `Ate` has to be isolated while still recovering from the measles so as to lessen the chances that the other kids will get contacted with the virus.
9. For the Chinese New Year Statutory Holiday. I am not Chinese but I am glad for the extra Holiday as the day is designated as a special non working Holiday in my country. Yehey for an extra day off from work and be able to take care of my sick daughter.
10. My WORK / JOB. I am grateful to have a job that help a big chunk on our expenses. And a job scheduled on my ideal work days Mondays to Fridays and weekends off. Yay!
According to that video “the Secret” that I have watched somewhere. “Gratitude is a powerful process for shifting your energy and bringing more of what you want in your life. Be grateful for what you already have and you will attract more good things. “
photo credits: http://firmlyplanted.com/tag/advice/